SUMMARY: We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented Accounting Clerk that thrives in providing quality customer service and solutions. This position is focused on providing support to the accounting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Review all vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Work with all service locations to insure receipt of item(s) before processing payment.
- Process payments of vendor invoices.
- Process customer invoices and mail/email them to customers.
- Assist with contacting customers for payment of past due invoices.
- Address vendor and customer invoice inquiries.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely keying and uploading of journal entries.
- Assist with various Finance projects utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Maintain financial security by following accounting procedures.
- Provide back-up support on the phone, as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor and/or President to accomplish the mission and vision of Ten-8.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to create standard correspondence. Proficient verbal communication skills, in English, are required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, draft letters/memos, and proofread.
- Ability to effectively and concisely present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, in English, is required.
- High school or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics, algebra, and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions in written and oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variances in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Have a working knowledge of accounting principles.
- Have experience working with financial management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office functions, specifically including Excel.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must be very attentive to details.
EEO STATEMENT: Ten-8 Fire & Safety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Ten-8 Fire & Safety is committed to protecting the safety, health and wellbeing of all employees and other individuals in our workplace. As a condition of employment, employees are required to participate in pre-employment drug screening.