Contract Service Writer and Parts Clerk
Reporting to the maintenance contract manager, the service writer and parts is responsible for completing maintenance records, billing, and other administration tasks in a timely manner. This role will also be responsible for ensuring all parts required to complete the contracted work are available on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist service center manager in estimating, scheduling and tracking maintenance and repairs for the shop technicians.
- Order and procure parts necessary to complete maintenance and make timely repairs.
- Maintain inventory and manage cycle counting according to company policies.
- Prepare Scheduled and Unscheduled Service Orders for shop technicians.
- Process complete unscheduled Service Orders from the shop technicians through final billing.
- Process monthly contract billing.
- Submit all OEM Warranty claims to the OEM.
- Maintain a complete history file of all trucks serviced by Ten-8 in the contract location.
- Complete all site administration activities as directed by the service manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Be able to learn OEM and company policies procedures outlined in manuals
- Operate computers and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email, Microsoft Word & Excel programs as well with any company provided software
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have strong attention to detail when processing paperwork and orders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit 80% of work time and stand/walk 20% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.