The Marketing Coordinator shall be responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns for the company that are directed at maximizing company profits and developing sales strategies.
The Marketing/Sales Coordinator will be involved at all levels of the marketing process and will collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and customers. The individual will perform a variety of tasks, work under general supervision, and need to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The role reports directly to the President and plays a direct role in the management of the company’s external communication, image and marketing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate marketing campaigns with sales activities.
- Create, update, and distribute all marketing material in line with marketing plans to include online and print.
- Plan and implement promotional campaigns.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns to include measurement of results.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Work closely with 3rd party marketing firm and participate in monthly marketing meetings.
- Manage Vendor Marketing Development Fund (MDF) spreadsheets and process invoices for reimbursement.
- Manage Customer Sponsorships (golf, open houses, award banquets, etc.).
- Download pictures from OEM Flickr page and maintain apparatus photo database.
- Submit material for monthly Fire Service Magazine Advertisement.
- Create new delivery blogs on website.
- Manage social media pages (post content daily and interact with customer pages) – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Plan trade shows, customer events, and meetings by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments.
- Organize/inventory show supplies.
- Maintain and update company website (blog posts, recent deliveries, etc.)
- Collaborate with members of Executive Management team and other employees to develop website blog posts.
- Coordinate and deliver email blasts and customer surveys using Constant Contact.
- Maintain inventory of product brochures.
- Manage annual OEM calendar order.
- Manage vendor rebate programs.
- Support sales staff with bid/proposal support, retrieving past order info, and other administrative duties.
- Assist with the coordination of annual apparatus and ambulance sales meetings.
- Assist with the management of Pierce and other OEM certifications.
- Arrange Pierce demo schedules with sales reps.
- Organize and Plan customer events to include online invitations and registrations.
- Create ads for customer sponsored publications, annual Who’s Who, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the President to accomplish the mission and vision of Ten-8.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite Products (Photoshop, Illustrator) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Social Media websites.
- Knowledge of WordPress is preferred.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task/projects simultaneously to meet strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to think creatively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with a focus on continued improvement.
- Knowledge of CRM applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years prior experience working in a marketing department or related field is a preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit over 50% of work time, stand 30% of the time, and walk 20% of the time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.