The Parts Department Clerk must be highly motivated to accomplish their objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, and pricing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure total customer satisfaction to ensure a standard of customer service that exceeds customer and management expectations.
- Handle incoming phone calls for retail parts sales.
- Formulate and process sales orders for parts.
- Purchase parts from vendors through the Purchase Order system and ship to retail customers.
- Follow up on phone calls, parts orders, returns, and shipments.
- Identify parts on trucks (specifically fire trucks).
- Assist customers in selecting the correct part(s) when the part number is not known.
- Work closely with vendors to solve parts problems encountered by customers.
- Assist in collection of receivables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong attention to detail with paperwork and all processing.
- Computer literate.
- Good listener with excellent phone skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to read parts blueprints.
- Must be able to manage time, cost and effort to ensure efficiency.
- Must have excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 2-5 years parts, with truck experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit approximately 50%, stand 25%, and walk 25% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.