The service manager is responsible for the operation of the assigned service center and managing its personnel. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring complete customer satisfaction; meeting profitability goals, and abiding by company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe facility, including offices
- Enforce all company policies as defined in the Company Handbook
- Uphold mandatory reporting standards including but not limited to OSHA Injury reports, Hazard Waste, MSDS documentation
- Maintain federal and state documentation for drivers and company vehicles with the support of the human resources director
- Establish, manage, and develop customers within the service center territory
- Followup during and after service is delivered to ensure customers are well informed and satisfied
- Resolve all service and parts complaints within 24 hours of receipt.
- Prepare work orders and estimates, quote repairs to customers, coordinate workflow
- Inventory control, parts pricing and procurement, stock orders, data entry of parts, and labor services
- Manage and audit the quality of quotes and billing documentation
- Manage site expenses, responsibility for site P & L.
- Sustain personnel resource levels as required, including hiring, training, competency management.
- Support apparatus and equipment sales departments to ensure the efficient, expedited delivery of new vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain and furnish necessary special tools and diagnostic software for technicians to perform jobs safely, efficiently, and correctly.
- Cultivate a successful working relationship with Pierce Manufacturing personnel
- Enforce policies and procedures as defined in the Pierce Manufacturing operations manual
- Maintain neat and professional personal appearance at all times
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required
Service Manager will manage all service center staff to include technicians, warranty clerks, and parts clerks by doing the following:
- Executing HR processes in cooperation with HR Department and the employee handbook.
- Ensuring all direct reports are efficiently trained in all aspects of the job and facilitate continuous development programs that enhance all areas of responsibility.
- Creating an environment promoting high-job satisfaction and continuous improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate the ability to set and reach performance goals set forth by management.
- Operate computers and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email, Microsoft Word & Excel programs as well with any company provided software
- Work independently and work in a team environment
- Demonstrate prior leadership and management experience
- Review performance goals with all employees at designated service facility and instruct on areas in need of improvement
- Employ exceptional organizational methods
- Engage in and maintain positive relationships with employees and customers
- Possess exceptional leadership and motivational skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Speak proficient English
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician) and ASE Heavy Truck Certifications are preferred
- 5 or more years in the automotive or truck repair business
- Knowledge of repair principles, tools, and procedures in all areas of the Heavy Truck Repair Industry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk over 50% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.