Heavy-Duty Truck Parts Specialist
The heavy-duty truck parts specialist is responsible for purchasing parts, managing parts inventory, and pricing parts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceed customer and management’s expectations to provide a superior level of customer service
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
- Formulate and process part sales orders
- Work with vendors to resolve customer part problems
- Order parts from vendors using purchase orders
- Ship parts to customers in a timely manner
- Respond to communications (phone calls and emails) from customers, teammates, and vendors within one business day
- Assist customers with part number identification
- Respond to phone calls regarding part orders, returns, and shipments within one business day
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Be able to identify heavy-duty truck parts, to include fire truck components
- Operate computers and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email, Microsoft Word & Excel programs as well with any company provided software
- Have strong attention to detail when processing paperwork and orders
- Possess strong listening and phone skills
- Solve problems creatively and quickly
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivilant is required
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years experience with heavy-duty truck parts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk over 60% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.