Inside Equipment Sales Representative
The inside equipment sales representative is responsible for providing quotes, orders, and service to customers. This position requires high accuracy and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
- Identify customer needs; sell products that maximize Ten-8’s product offerings.
- Partner with outside sales personnel to manage customer relationships directly with product specifications and selection.
- Promptly respond to telephone, fax and e-mail inquiries from customers and outside sales personnel.
- Work with customers who come to Ten-8 in person. This may include assisting them with bunker gear sizing and selection.
- Generate sales quotes, sales orders, and purchase orders in Navision business system with accurate pricing and materials.
- Prepare and submit Bid and RFP packages as required.
- Establish and negotiate pricing and product availability with vendors.
- Determine appropriate delivery method based on customer needs, cost effective delivery, and product margin.
- Research and locate non-stock products to fulfill customer needs while negotiating price and delivery.
- Establish and maintain relationships, both in person and via telephone, with vendors to establish special pricing and delivery.
- Assist in the development of and participate in special vendor sales incentive programs to increase and develop Ten-8 sales.
- Attend one or two trade shows annually and interact with customers and vendors.
- Travel in the field with outside sales reps quarterly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Unwavering dedication to Premier Customer Service and Support
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability required
- Demonstrate the ability to set and reach performance goals set forth by management
- Operate computers and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email, Microsoft Word & Excel programs as well with any company provided software
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with employees and customers
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- College degree is preferred
- 1 year of sales and customer service experience is preferred
- Knowledge of firefighting equipment is preferred
- Background in the firefighting industry is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk over 60% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.