Maintenance Contract Manager
Reporting to the vice president of apparatus service, the maintenance contract manager is responsible for the operation of his/her assigned maintenance contract. The maintenance manager is to oversee all operations at the designated contract site, ensuring complete customer satisfaction; increasing growth; and maintaining fair profitability. The maintenance manager must be able to work with all departments within Ten-8 and OEM manufacturers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe, clean and efficient Service Center that delivers a world-class experience to the customer by supporting the vision, mission, and values of Ten-8.
- Ensure that company processes and procedures are adhered to at all levels.
- Be the focal point for all customer communication.
- Keep the customer regularly informed on status of their vehicles daily.
- Complete the scheduling of all maintenance to meet contract requirements.
- Oversee and manage the open unscheduled maintenance back log.
- Manage and audit the quality of all customer/ billing documentation.
- Prepare quotes for unscheduled maintenance including vehicle accident and repair jobs, follow up and validate accuracy of quoted repairs on completion of work.
- Make sure that any additional work identified upon arrival of a truck is quoted to the customer the same day.
- Manage site expenses, responsibility for site P & L and delivering the contract budget.
- Resolve all service and parts complaints. Complaints are to be reported and responded within 2 hours of receipt.
- Maintain resource levels as required, including hiring, training, competency management.
- Maintain the customer satisfaction follow-up process including quality control and quick turn- around time
- Maintain mandatory reporting standards including but not limited to OSHA Injury reports, Hazard Waste, MSDS documentation.
- In conjunction with the HR Director maintain federal and state documentation for drivers and company vehicles.
- Support apparatus and equipment sales departments to ensure the efficient, expedited delivery of new vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain and furnish necessary special tools and diagnostic software for technicians to perform their jobs safely, efficiently, and correctly.
- Act as a liason betewen Ten-8 and OEMs for service concerns
- Actively execute HR processes in cooperation with HR Department and the employee handbook.
- Ensure all direct reports are efficiently trained in all aspects of the job and facilitate continuous development programs that enhance all areas of responsibility.
- Create an environment geared to employee job satisfaction and continued improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience with managing contracts for heavy-duty-trucks
- Operate computers and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook Email, Microsoft Word & Excel programs as well with any company provided software
- Have strong attention to detail when processing paperwork and orders
- Solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivilant experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk over 60% of work time. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.